I have just read the most inspiring blog I have read in a while. I found the site in an article of Homelife magazine. It is: kisses from katie.blogspot.com. It is about an 18 yr. old girl who had her whole life in front of her, and chose to follow God's path instead of her own. She now is living in Uganda and has adopted 12 girls!! From her site, you can also click on the site of 147 million orphans, which also is a spirit filled blog that passionately speaks out for orphans.
I do know that God has "crafted our hearts and His plans are carried out from generation to generation," (Ps. 33: 11-15) God is in the people business, so I know that in each of us who are christians, He has placed in our hearts a "people group" that we are to serve. For some, it is widows, others it is prison inmates, and still for others, it could be juveniles heading down the wrong path. I understand that orphans may not be at the top of everyone's "To Serve" list. But, by reading the above blogs I listed, I would pray that each of us search our heart to see just where it is God wants to place us. He is a BIG God who just wants to use US to show His love to the world. He wants to reach the LEAST, the LAST, and the LOST.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThat is one of my mostest favoritest blogs:)
ReplyDeleteAlso check out Carrie, who serves orphans in China http://jacobandcarrie.blogspot.com/ She also blogs at http://newdayfosterhome.blogspot.com/
Just saw your comment on my blog:) I sent Lori (Compassion for Guatemala) the link to your blog and she read all about your trip to Mimi's House. She was excited and encouraged by your trip I think.
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by my blog too:) Hi to your family!