I can't believe there are only 17 more days until Christmas! I haven't really gotten into the Christmas spirit yet, but I think it is because of all the moving we have been doing. I have been looking at our Christmas tree and thinking about the special memories the ornaments have, but to be honest, I also think, " Wow, Christmas trees really have nothing to do with what Christmas is all about." I know that sounds negative, but even if we have no trees, ornaments, wreaths, or lights, we still have JESUS. We still have the baby born in Bethlehem, the baby breathed of God through a virgin birth, the baby who just hours before his birth, was seated at the right hand of God. Jesus, God's only son, is the TRUE and most awesome gift we will ever receive.
Last year, I read in a Homelife magazine about a tradition that one family does every year to keep their focus on the real meaning of Christmas. Each member of their family is to think of something they need or want to give to Jesus that year. For example, if they need to give Jesus a bad habit or something like more of their time, they will draw a picture of that specific thing or write it down on paper, and then wrap it up and put it under their tree. Then, on Chrismas day, after all the commotion settles down, they each open thier gift to Jesus and tell why they chose to give that of themselves. This goes for ALL members of the family, regardless of age. Then, they read the Christmas story aloud from the Bible.
God, open our eyes to what we need to give YOU this Christmas.
No comments:
Post a Comment